Here are a few tips on staying organized while planning your wedding!
- Address your thank you card envelopes before your wedding so you have one less thing to worry about after. Or you can just send out thank you notes to the guests that give you a gift before your wedding so you don’t miss anyone.
- Number your RSVP cards to correspond with your address list so you can see which ones are missing and also figure out hard to read responses. Most of your guests won’t notice a small number on the back of the card and it will help you keep track of all the responses.
- Get full addressing for your envelopes. It isn’t very costly and it will save you a ton of time if you don’t have to write out each of your guests addresses.
- Make an alphabetized list of all your guests and addresses. If you do this in the beginning you will have a much easier time figuring out your final guest count and you can also share the document with people who may need to see it and make revisions.
- Write out all the things you will need to get done on a timeline. This way you won’t miss out on something because you missed the deadline. It is also good to set aside time each week that you will dedicate to planning your wedding.
Here is some ways to save on décor
- You can repurpose your ceremony flowers for your reception. Ask your florist if they can make a wide horizontal flower piece on the arch (if you are having one) and after the ceremony they can cut it down and make it into a sweetheart table arrangement.
- Ask your venue if they are hosting any other weddings that they can leave up some of the decorations from.
- Use one type of flower throughout your big day. Use different vessels to add uniqueness. You can also use a special floral spray to tint a white flower into any color you would like.
- If you are using peonies in your wedding, try switching them out with cabbage roses. Most people won’t be able to tell the difference, they are much cheaper, and they are available all year long.
- Instead of having specialty linens on all of your tables, just put them on the head table and your cake table, since these are the most prominent and will be where the most pictures are taken.